Friday, January 22, 2010

January Update


Meeting sweet baby girl for the first time. Her little friend in the crib was just united with his family-I think they were sweet on each other-he screamed, "Helen" the whole time we were meeting her-so cute.


Helen's favorite food-INJERA!!


Our dear friend and driver, Tafessa.
Ethiopia would not have been the same without him.




It is hard to believe that we have been home for over a month. Helen is wonderful-she is just unbelievable-she is learning so much and is SO smart-Will and Wesley love her and have the best time playing with her. We went to the beach for a little vacation with some friends and stayed in a hotel with an indoor water park. She loved the water and the lazy river but when we went on the beach she did not want her feet to touch the sand-it was so cute.

I think of Ethiopia every day-especially her orphans. I wish I could post pictures but it is not allowed-the one thing I do know is that the children in the care of Gladney are so loved. Helen had such a difficult transition at first when she entered the foster care center. She cried for many days. The fact that she has bonded so well and quickly to us shows that the caregivers at Gladney earned her trust and love. I am so thankful that we traveled down this path and my heart is so full-

Love to you all!

9 comments:

  1. That just warms my heart to hear how wonderfully she is adjusting :) She is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! good to hear the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the post! So glad to hear a bit of how you all are doing. We've been thinking about you so much and again are so grateful for the pictures of our girls that you brought back for us. peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update and how well everything is going! And I am still chuckling at your injera, injera, injera! comment on my post last week, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear Helen loves her brothers! hard to believe that we were in Ethiopia 2 months ago. it's gone by so fast. tell buddy hello

    jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a couple of pictures of your daughter from when we were in Ethiopia. Just leave me your e-mail address on our blog and I'll send them to you. www.selamandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being home as a family!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Buddy, this is Kay, remember me, I just found out about your blog and became a follower. How old is the little girl, I didn't know y'all did that. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! We just got home with our little Zadie! We are in Raleigh. I hear that you may have some photos of our little lady.

    Helen is a CUTIE! You guys look very happy! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete