Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Today, Baby B. turned 17 months old. I thought about her all day-especially during the shots-and wondered if she knows how loved she is. Everyone is so excited about her-the number of people who ask about her, send notes to us, and of course pray for us is staggering. We have been so blessed. I am saving everything to create a Lifebook for her to have when she gets older. It makes me sad that we don't know what her first 12 months were like, but we are going to have so many memories together!!
Have a wonderful week. It is wonderful to see the referral list on the FBI getting longer!
Monday, September 7, 2009
OK, Tam tagged me, so here goes:
1. I am scared to death to get on an airplane. The last time I flew, I was 18. The next time I fly, I will probably be by myself on a 22+ hour trip to Ethiopia. TERRIFYING!!!!
2. I am addicted to interior decorating magazines. I have so many, and I can't throw them away. The thought of ripping out pages (and saving them in a folder like the organizational magazines say) is unbearable. What if I need to see an article I have thrown away!! Interior design blogs have helped a bit...I don't go to bookstores as much as I used to, sometimes I just surf the web.
3. I had a tubal ligation during my second c-section and regretted it the next day. I knew I made a terrible mistake. I had a tubal reversal in 2007 but in my heart I knew that we would adopt-and here we are!!
4. I am CHEAP!! I won't pay full price for anything. In fact, thanks to all of the magazines I hoard, we have decorated much of our house with furniture and accessories from a warehouse in town that sells a lot of junk. Luckily, my sweet husband can fix anything!
5. I don't like cats. I think they are so sneaky. BUT, my favorite pet is our cat, Winter, aka Mittens, aka Kitty, aka Bootina, aka Cleopatra (we can't decide on a name for her...she is probably one confused cat!) (by the way we have a cat, three dogs, 2 turtles, 3 fish and a frog) She is the best animal I have ever had-She just chills-even though W2 terrorizes her-he throws her over his shoulders like a scarf-I just love that cat-go figure!!!
6. I LOVE sports (especially college football)!!! So many wives complain about their husbands watching too many games on TV but I watch WAY more than my husband does. W1 is a sports fan, as well. He gets up every morning to watch ESPN and he is in a fantasy football league online. I was a cheerleader in high school but would have loved to play football or flag football.
7. OK, last one, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have been a stay-at-home mom for the last 10 years. Before that, I had quite a few jobs, none that I was passionate about!! I am very passionate about adoption so maybe I can explore that field. We will see...I have a wonderful husband who is such a great provider and I have been so blessed to be able to stay at home with our children. Baby B...can't wait for you to get here!!! We love you so much.
TAG to anyone who reads our post!!