Friday, July 22, 2011

62 days and a Broken Foot


Helen loved preschool!


I can't believe Wesley is 10!


Yes, we are now Duke fans-no, Will doesn't have a Duke blue room, yet. My brother is now working with the Duke football team so I will wear dark blue!


It sure has been a long time since I have blogged. I guess because right after my last post we received the shock of a lifetime-I am pregnant with our fourth child-a daughter-due in 62 days. Needless to say, it has been an interesting 2011-I also broke my foot 6 weeks ago at the beach (two days after the boys began their summer break.) I had surgery 2 weeks ago and still have 6-8 weeks to go before I can walk without the dreadful boot. So, basically, I will finally be boot free and then I will have a c-section, a brand new baby, and three other children. Good times, people!!

Helen is doing great-she is excited about her "pink baby" sister-she calls her this because she informed me not too long ago that pink was not her favorite color, the baby could have all of her pink things and she wanted a blue room. Yes, her room is now blue-she is the princess after all!

Will and Wesley are doing well. Will is going to middle school next year and is growing up so fast-Wesley will be in fourth grade and has been such a big help during my time of need-

It is hard to believe that we were in Ethiopia over a year and a half ago. We are so fortunate to have Helen home with us because there have been some major changes in the adoption process and a lot of families are having to wait for an extended period of time before receiving referrals, traveling (twice now), and bringing home their children. I think of these families and children constantly. It is just a heartbreaking situation.

Well, please say a prayer for me-it has been a LONG summer and I am ready to be back on my feet-I am in serious nesting mode and that is hard to do in my situation. Please also say a prayer for the children in Ethiopia and the families who long to be united with them.

2 comments:

  1. Pregnant! Great news! We are so excited for your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for a post!!!! I miss seeing your sweet family. Prayers to each of you and this next chapter in life!

    ReplyDelete